Diversity Remains a Priority
Diversity and inclusion as a priority remains unchanged. The OCPRSA Diversity Committee’s focus in 2017 is to continue to bring awareness to the value of embracing difference so that all sectors are equally represented. These are the committee’s priorities for the year:
- Student mentorship
- Cultural media engagement
- Increase committee membership
- Focus on the diversity of industries and topics relevant to all members
Want to be a part of the collective effort? The committee is always looking for engaging new members, committee volunteers, and all interested parties. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, comments, ideas or to say “hello.” Be a part of the solution — join the Diversity Committee today! “Diversity is the one true thing we all have in common. Celebrate it every day.” – Author Unknown.
OCPRSA Diversity Goals and Objectives
- Showcase diversity as a top strategic goal for OCPRSA
- Recruit, retain and mentor the membership of OCPRSA, especially those with interests and expertise in diversity
- Encourage greater diversity within the public relations profession
- Raise awareness of diversity as a smart business strategy in the PR profession within the membership of OCPRSA, prospective members and students.
- Increase active participation in the Chapter by diverse public relations practitioners, prospective members and students.
- Develop a collaborative and mutually beneficial relationship with other diverse PR and communications organizations.
- Increase outreach to multicultural students to encourage participation in the public relations profession, PRSSA and eventually, PRSA.