Yo Pro offers programs and services that address critical needs of the new PR professional:
- Timely and relevant trend information about the public relations job market
- Best practices and advice for job hunters as well as those seeking to make fast strides in advancement and pay in their first one or two professional positions
- Personal mentoring contacts with senior PRSA professionals who want to help those new to the public relations profession succeed
- Links to chapter-level and national-level networking
- Hands-on leadership opportunities
What is YoPro?
Yo Pro stands for Young Professionals. We’re a group within OCPRSA designed for students, recent graduates and professionals looking to help shape the future of PR today! If you’re new to public relations, YoPro provides many opportunities for professional development and networking during events throughout the year.
How Can I Get Involved?
Join the YoPro Committee: If you want to hone your leadership and event planning skills, serving on the YoPro Committee is a great way to get involved. We hold quarterly planning meetings to brainstorm and organize events. As a YoPro committee member, you have an opportunity to help shape event programs, network with peers and gain valuable guidance from senior PRSA board members.
Attend YoPro Events: Whether it’s bringing together a media panel, discussing the latest in social media or mingling with mixers, YoPro provides great events throughout the year.